When sweets are good for our health!
It is well known that anything sweet is often forbidden ... Overcome the sweet "sin pitfall", by enjoying healthy desserts that will give the necessary energy for your body, especially without charging you with damaging consequences.
The word "sweet" is instantly translated inside our brain as something tasty but forbidden. And yet, there are sweets that can replace the delicious cake that slyly "blinks" on you, with which, firstly you will sweeten yourself ... and secondly you will greatly benefit your health!
Sweet fruit preserves: the traditional village treats.
It may remind you of your childhood or your summer holidays, where at the quaint cafes of the islands, you enjoyed a spoon sweet along with cold water and Greek coffee! You should however learn, that beyond its' graphic dimension, sweet fruit preserves are perhaps the perfect choice for dessert as their main ingredient are fruits.
Our spoon sweets come from the beautiful island of Chios. The unique microclimate of the area, which combines the bright Greek sun, the blue waters of the Aegean Sea and the rich land of the homeland, creates the ideal conditions for producing exceptional sweet fruit preserves. Each unique flavor is based on old traditional recipes, wherein the passion and love of the ordinary people for the pure products of our country ensured that all of us will taste them until today. At the same time the knowledge of younger people was added to the experience of the older and we managed to include in our jars all the taste, the flavors and the nutritional value of the Greek fruits, for a long time, under strict quality assurance protocols.
Below are some of our delicious choices of sweets fruit preserves:
- Quince : has high comprehensiveness in water and potassium, also contains vitamin C, A and complex B vitamins and dietary fibers on generous quantities.
- Walnut : It is rich in fiber (2 g. / 30 g.), minerals (magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, copper) and vitamins (B6, E). In fact, a handful of walnuts contains Vitamin C as much as half a cup of olive oil.
- Sour cherry : They contain large amounts of vitamin C and antioxidant polyphenols. Considered to be a particularly energizing fruit, beneficial for asthma, anemia and arthritis.
- Fig : The American Nutrition Society has determined that fig the richest fruit in fiber, vitamin K, copper, manganese, potassium, magnesium and calcium in relation to human daily needs.
- Orange Peel : It is proved to be one of those with the highest nutritional value fruit because it contains vitamin C, folic acid, potassium, selenium and dietary fiber, calcium, iron, iodine, roundtrips
Tip: Greek cuisine has dozens of different versions of spoon sweets. You can choose any sweet you like and with these to substitute ice creams, cakes and profiteroles we are used to eat, overloading our bodies with chemical preservatives, sweeteners and fats . Also, an ideal choice, are the organic sweet fruit preserves, coming from fruits which are cultivated without fertilizers and chemicals.