Today's menu : Sardines in Vine Leaves
A delicious dish that combines two very characteristic ingredients, basically to Greek Mediterranean Diet!
- 24 sardines
- ½ cup olive oil
- 24 vine leaves
- ½ lemon
- Freshly black pepper
How to cook the recipe :
- Leave the sardines whole or remove the heads if desired. Trim the fins from the belly and cut from the head to the tail to remove the intestines and gills. Rinse well, drain and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place the sardines in a dish, drizzle with half the olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt. Toss lightly to distribute the olive oil, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, blanch the fresh or preserved vine leaves in boiling water for 1 min, drain in a colander, rinse under cold running water and set aside to drain completely.
- Place a leaf, shiny side down, on a work surface and place a sardine across the stem end. Squeeze on a little lemon juice and season with pepper. Roll up to the top of the leaf, leaving the head exposed if retained.
- Arrange on the barbecue or grill pan. When all the rolls are completed, brush all over with olive oil and grill for about 3 mins on each side, until the leaves begin to scorch.
- Serve the Greek Sardines in Vines Leaves hot with lemon wedges, a small jug of olive oil and crusty bread.
Nutritional information - Amount per serving 250g.
- Energy 342 kcal
- Protein 25.4 g.
- Carbohydrates 10.2 g.
- Fat 22.2 g.
- Cholesterol 90 mg
- Sodium 180 mg
Enjoy your Greek meal !!!!
Kali sas oreksi !!!
Leave a comment