Premium Greek Sage Leaves, Traditional Aromatic Herb, Traditional Aromatic Variety, 160g.
Premium Greek Sage Leaves, Traditional Aromatic variety, Net Weight 160g (pack of 4 airtight bags of 40g each) :
In the first century C.E. Greek physician Dioscorides, used sage juice to treat coughs and hoarseness. A member of the mint family, Sage (Salvia officinalis) originated from the northern Mediterranean coast, where it was traditionally used for cooking. Italians are known to add flavor to veal with sage, while the French use it for sausages, stuffing and cured meats. The herb's warm and musky essence also probably reminds you of homemade turkey dressing - a Thanksgiving staple loved by many Americans.
You can also use sage to relieve ailments including sore throat, cough and the common cold. The health benefits of sage are attributed to flavonoids, such as apigenin, luteolin and diosmetin,which are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Sage can also provide your body with rosmarinic acid, a polyphenolic compound with unlimited health potential.
- Greek Sage is an exceptional herb that doesn't just add flavour to food, but it can also deliver a variety of health benefits.
- Through its delicious and rich flavour, it provides beneficial properties, such as detoxifier, anti-anaemic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant
- The products are still picked every year in May and June in the traditional way. They are then carefully cleaned and dried in the shade at ambient temperature to preserve all their scent and flavour.
- Contains Antioxidant, Gluten Free, No preservatives, No artificial flavour.
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Diabetics.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place. Seal well after opening against outside air, preserving its freshness.
- Place 1 teaspoonful of herb into 180ml boiling water and lower the heat, allowing it to simmer for 7 to 15 minutes depending on how strong you like the tea. Strain and enjoy!! Greek Sage Leaves tea has an earthy, intense, rich flavour. You can add honey as well as milk or lemon for extra flavour to your tea.
Vrino Ltd founded in 1991. Our object is to cultivate, process and standardize Herbs and Spices. We are certified according to ISO 22000:2005, FSSC 22000:2010 and ISO 9001:2008.