Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Premium Greek Mountain Tea (Sideritis herb), Traditional Aromatic Variety, 200g.
Premium Greek Mountain Tea (Sideritis herb), Traditional Aromatic variety, Net Weight 200g (pack of 4 airtight bags of 50g each) :
The Greek Mountain Tea has been known since the age of Dioskourides (1st Century A.D), and took its name (Sideritis) from its ability to heal wounds made from iron pieces (sidiros means iron in the Greek language). According to Greek tradition, it was used as a panacea for any illness, while recent studies have proved the special attributes of the plant. It will kill all kinds of microbes, it will strengthen the body's immune system, will give the body a boost, is very good for colds in the winter and is even good for eye problems if one rinses the eyes regularly with the tea.
Through its delicious and rich flavour, researchers found that all Sideritis species plants were shown to have anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-spasmodic properties. They were rich in a number of natural antioxidants, including flavonoids, and almost all species also contained essential oils.
When brewing Greek mountain tea from plants, you can use the plant's flowers, stems and leaves. Place around six to eight 2-inch pieces of the plant into boiling water and lower the heat, allowing it to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how strong you like the tea. Greek mountain tea has an earthy taste and if you use the flowers, a slight floral scent. You can add honey as well as milk or lemon for extra flavour to your tea..
- Greek mountain tea, also known as shepherd's tea, is made from the plants from the Sideritis species. An herbal tea, Greek mountain tea has been drunk for its health benefits for many years.
- Through its delicious and rich flavour, it provides beneficial properties, such as detoxifier, anti-anaemic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant
- The products are still picked every year in May and June in the traditional way. They are then carefully cleaned and dried in the shade at ambient temperature to preserve all their scent and flavour.
- Contains Antioxidant, Gluten Free, No preservatives, No artificial flavour.
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Diabetics.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place. Seal well after opening against outside air, preserving its freshness.
- Place around six to eight 2-inch pieces of the plant into boiling water and lower the heat, allowing it to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how strong you like the tea.
Vrino Ltd founded in 1991. Our object is to cultivate, process and standardize Herbs and Spices. We are certified according to ISO 22000:2005, FSSC 22000:2010 and ISO 9001:2008.