Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Premium Greek Rubbed Dried Thyme, Traditional Aromatic Herb, 200g.
Premium Greek Rubbed Dried Thyme, Traditional Aromatic Herb, Net Weight 200g (pack of 4 airtight bags of 50g each) :
The dried leaves and flowers of the plant "Thyme" or "Thimios" are a spice with a very strong aroma, rich and slightly spicy taste. Used for flavoring dishes with meat or fish and various other dishes mainly of Mediterranean cuisine.
The Ancient Greeks used this herb in their bathroom and they used to burn it in the Temples because they believed that the plant gave them physical and mental strength. The Romans, who used it as a flavoring in the rooms but also in the flavor of cheeses and beverages, helped to spread it to the rest of Europe. During the European Middle Ages, people placed sprigs of thyme under their pillows to have calm sleep without nightmares.
The dried leaves of the thyme plant along with the flowers can be used within stews, soups, sautéed or baked vegetables, custards, and casseroles. The herb gives the food a tangy and warm flavor, similar to camphor, and is able to retain its strong flavor even after cooking. It can also be used within marinades as well as stuffings.
- Thyme is a culinary and medicinal herb that has been used in medicine and cooking for thousands of years. It adds flavor, and it may have a number of health benefits.
- Through its delicious and rich flavour, it provides beneficial properties, such as detoxifier, anti-anaemic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant
- The products are still picked every year in May and June in the traditional way. They are then carefully cleaned and dried in the shade at ambient temperature to preserve all their scent and flavour.
- Contains Antioxidant, Gluten Free, No preservatives, No artificial flavour.
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Diabetics.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place. Seal well after opening against outside air, preserving its freshness.
- A delicious tea can also be made with 1 tsp of crushed thyme mixed in with ½ cup of water which is boiling. The thyme should steep within the water for a period of 10 minutes and then strained. The tea should be drunk between 3 and 4 times per day in order to treat coughs. If the tea needs to be sweetened, honey can be used.
Vrino Ltd founded in 1991. Our object is to cultivate, process and standardize Herbs and Spices. We are certified according to ISO 22000:2005, FSSC 22000:2010 and ISO 9001:2008.