Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Premium Greek Rubbed Dried Basil, Traditional Aromatic Herb, 200g.
Premium Greek Rubbed Dried Basil, Traditional Aromatic Herb, Net Weight 200g (pack of 4 airtight bags of 50g each) :
Basil (Ocimum basilicum) is a popular kitchen herb used for flavouring food. It is also widely regarded for its health-enhancing properties. Basil has been a staple of medicine for generations and the herb has been used to treat a variety of different conditions, from inflammation to bug bites.
Studies have shown that basil contains a wide range of essential oils, rich in phenolic compounds, and a wide array of other natural products including polyphenols such as flavonoids, anthocyanins and antioxidants.
Basil is good for a wide variety of lung ailments, it can be brewed into a tea that helps fight head colds. When consumed as a hot tea, basil can either be taken internally or inhaled, and the herb is often found in a variety of aromatherapy products.
Basil is often used in tomato dishes, and it forms a crucial part of pesto. It is also said to complement the flavour of peaches very nicely. Just a few fresh leaves, or a sprinkling of dried leaves, are all that is needed to add a distinct flavor to any type of dish.
- Basil has been used for centuries in teas as a mild, relaxing sleep aid, treatment for fevers, colds, stomach ailments, and as an anti-inflammatory, to name only a few therapeutic uses.
- Through its delicious and rich flavour, it provides beneficial properties, such as detoxifier, anti-anaemic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant
- The products are still picked every year in May and June in the traditional way. They are then carefully cleaned and dried in the shade at ambient temperature to preserve all their scent and flavour.
- Contains Antioxidant, Gluten Free, No preservatives, No artificial flavour.
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Diabetics.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place. Seal well after opening against outside air, preserving its freshness.
- A delicious tea can also be made with 1 tsp of Rubbed Dried Basil mixed in with a cup of water which is boiling. Basil should steep within the water for a period of 8 to 12 minutes and then strained. The tea should be drunk between 3 and 4 times per day in order to treat coughs. You can add honey as well as milk or lemon for extra flavour to your tea.
Vrino Ltd founded in 1991. Our object is to cultivate, process and standardize Herbs and Spices. We are certified according to ISO 22000:2005, FSSC 22000:2010 and ISO 9001:2008.