Have Questions?Ask An Expert
Premium Greek Crushed Red Chilli Pepper Flakes (Mpoukovo), 200g.
Premium Greek Crushed Red Chilli Pepper Flakes (Mpoukovo), Net Weight 200g (pack of 4 airtight bags of 50g each) :
One of the most characteristic traditional Greek spices, refers to memories of the family table, where there was always the presence of Mpoukovo, to spice up and bring out the flavours of certain foods. Its creation is the result of a specific process followed for many years in Greece.
Once hot peppers get blush and ripen, harvested from the rich nature of our countryside and lead to drying in the dryer. By the end of this process, the peppers will be crushed by hand or mechanical ways in order to get the chilli (mpoukovo). It is distinguished as sweet or very spicy while crushing the peppers can be done in small or large pieces or in powder form.
Although unknown to the general public, famous to old devotees (meraklides) , sweet chilli (mpoukovo) from the plains of Macedonia we offer you, will combine wonderful your soups, the cooked, your salads and roasts, giving your dishes a unique bite with great balance of flavours. Adding them to a dish at the beginning makes the whole thing spicy; if you add them at the end, they give nice pops of heat.
- Chilli peppers are available throughout the year to add zest to flavorful dishes around the world and health to those brave enough to risk their fiery heat.
- Through its delicious and rich flavour, it provides beneficial properties, such as detoxifier, anti-anaemic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant
- The products are still picked every year in May and June in the traditional way. They are then carefully cleaned and dried in the shade at ambient temperature to preserve all their scent and flavour.
- Contains Antioxidant, Gluten Free, No preservatives, No artificial flavour.
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Diabetics.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place. Seal well after opening against outside air, preserving its freshness.
- Ηealth Tip:
Accelerates metabolic rate, because of capsaicin it contains. According to research, women who added 2 tablespoons of chilli peppers at their food, consumed fewer calories and fat during the later meals.
Vrino Ltd was founded in 1991. Our object is to cultivate, process and standardize Herbs and Spices. We are certified according to ISO 22000:2005, FSSC 22000:2010 and ISO 9001:2008.